Second Annual Rockwood Mushroom Fest – September 19, 2015
We did it!
Our first Rockwood Mushroom Fest was a heart-warming success,
attracting 1000 people who were crazy about mushrooms.
We just had to plan the Second Annual RMF
This year on Saturday, September 19, from 10 am to 5 pm, you will once again have the opportunity to taste mushroom recipe samples prepared by more chefs.
We have added:
- Japanese and East Indian cuisine;
- A fourth chef demo of mushroom onigiri by Jess Mantell of Toronto’s Abokichi http://www.abokichi.com/;
- Paul Mattina of Mattina’s Cucina in Georgetown will blend the fabulous flavours of gorgonzola and mushrooms
- Roger Dufau of Drew House in Elora (see photo on right) will return to reveal the secrets of his delicious
mushroom stuffings; and
- Yasser Qahawish of Guelph’s Artisanale will focus on wild mushroom preparation and preservation in his demo.
We have also added:
- Two more presentations in the church on mushrooms for a total of four, covering everything from identifying
wild mushrooms to woodland cultivation of shitake mushrooms;
- Royal City Brewery beer tasting;
- Two wild mushroom hikes guided by Grand River Conservation Authority interpreters in the Rockwood
- A kiosk featuring mushroom sachets;
- More wine sampling – Bill Redelmeier of Southbrook (photo above) had a busy afternoon last year! And More!
Are you an artist?
You’ll remember the amazing gallery of mushroom art from last year – The competition is once again open this
year it’s called the "Where the Mushrooms Are" Art Exhibition and Sale.
Why not submit a work this year? There are two categories – Adult and Children 12 and under.
You might win the People’s Choice Cash Prize!
Register now – Space is limited. You will have time before the delivery date in mid-September to finish your work.
For details please visit: http://www.rockwoodmushroomfest.ca/art-show--where-the-mushrooms-are-.html.
You may also make your creation available for sale if you wish. A good number of submitted art works were sold
Would you like to volunteer?
We need lots of volunteers to help with everything from assisting chefs to clean-up. A few donated hours
make all the difference to us. We’re volunteers too! Our volunteer coordinator, Elisabeth Crha, would love
to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org See attached poster!
We look forward to seeing you again this year! Bring your friends and relations. More updates to come!!.